We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades, gain career skills and earn college credit. We simplify learning with animated micro-lessons and online video courses that cover every subject taught in middle school through college as well as a growing suite of test prep, corporate learning and professional education products. We’ve built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
Study.com was also top ranked in Inc. Best Place to Work!
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back through our Working Scholars program, and by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Sr. Growth Manager – Media & Marketing Position
We are expanding our Growth team with the addition of a talented Sr. Growth Manager. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the ideal candidate will be an experienced and entrepreneurial marketing professional with a proven track record driving and accelerating revenue growth through customer acquisition, with an emphasis in an Omnichannel approach applied to both eCommerce and SaaS models including: SEO/SEM, Paid Social Media, Content Marketing, Display, Native and Email. This high impact role will have the responsibility of integrating into our Agile environment and partnering with Product, Creative, Business Intelligence and Customer Success to better understand customer behaviors, needs, and uncovering insights that will drive KPIs and continued digital innovation.
The Sr. Growth Manager will be analytical, data-driven, creative, and collaborative. They will be relentless about understanding and meeting the needs of customers. Their role is both strategic and operational with several key initiatives happening simultaneously and moving at a fast pace. We need someone who has the capability and willingness to roll up their sleeves, as well as drive vision.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and oversee high ROI digital marketing channels including SEM, Paid Social (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram), Content Marketing, Display and Programmatic, Native and Email.
- Proactively seek, identify and evaluate innovative opportunities for user acquisition growth, including influencer, affiliate, TV, radio and direct mail.
- Manage full P&L for channel marketing. Plan and deploy media budgets that are KPI driven and optimized daily. Partner with FP&A and MP&A teams on digital marketing media planning for paid acquisition channels. Your performance will be measured by the impact of the programs you launch and grow.
- Collaborate with, build up and mentor a cutting edge team. Set clear performance goals and drive teams to achieve quarterly and yearly earnings goals through continuous improvement of online and offline marketing initiatives. Coach and mentor peers and any direct reports, developing performance marketing skills and create plans to grow them professionally.
- Rapidly analyze effects of channel management by determining and interpreting online and offline KPI measurement frameworks to ensure plans and content are achieving relevant metrics.
- Drive conversion of prospective consumers to active customers through funnel optimization including A/B and multivariate tests for SEM campaigns and landing pages.
- Lead ongoing optimization of the customer user experience at all digital touch points, to be tracked across the consumer journey, at each channel level. Balance investment with impact to the business.
- Continuously develop and evolve multi-touch and multi-channel attribution to enhance our subscription base and Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV/LTV).
- Manage third party agencies, ad networks, other service providers and vendors in the debriefing and execution of media strategies.
- Establish performance benchmarks and KPIs for all campaigns and work with BI & Analytics team to ensure reporting requirements and dashboards are set-up prior to campaign launches and media tests.
- Effectively manage performance-focused media throughout every stage; analyze performance and recommend adjustments while media is live, as necessary.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years demonstrated marketing experience delivering successful growth leveraging an Omnichannel approach
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience in a DTC agency or corporate environment required. Experience in both is highly preferred.
- Super creative and can rapidly execute on ideas. Able to collaborate with Creative, Content and Product to devise and package highly effective user experiences that lead to growth.
- Ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects through multiple connected work streams.
- Expertise in creating/driving quantifiable metrics/KPIs and leverage consumer data to find quality customers to acquire, engage, retain and reactivate through various marketing channels.
- Proven track record of optimizing conversion through the creation and execution of multivariate or A/B tests.
- Direct experience driving substantial increases in traffic and revenue from Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts.
- Proven experience partnering with cross-functional teams and Senior Leadership in an Agile environment.
- Biased toward action and a great collaborator. Always pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Flexible and never hesitates to roll up sleeves to tackle what’s next.
- Energetic and passionate
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and inspire teams and individuals
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
Why work for Study.com?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Impact 30+ million people each month with your efforts
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored happy hours to celebrate accomplishments
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.